Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Children, to the shower. But Mom, we need to shave our faces!

My children have a lot of fun together and they are extremely creative when it comes to trying to find ways to avoid chores or things they don't want to do... which is also followed by a series of questions.

The conversation the other night after they were told they had to take showers.

Freddie: Mommy.
Me: Yes.
Freddie: Before or after dinner?
Me: Your call.
Livie: Before.
Me: And away you go!

*thud thud thud... three kids half way up the stairs*

Me: Hey.
Three little people: *complete silence....*
Me: Where are you THREE going, only TWO of you should be headed upstairs... Livie, your bathroom is downstairs.
Freddie: Mommy - can we shower together?
Me: No. You can shower upstairs and Abi can shower before or after you. If Abi really wants she can shower with her sister.
Abi: I'm showering with Livie. (Little did I know, this shower would end up causing a flood.)
Me: That's fine, just don't make a mess. (This is me cringing...)
Freddie: We won't, but we need to shave our faces first.
Livie: And then our legs, have you seen how hairy our legs are?

Am I hearing this right?

Yes. Yes I am.

This is what I ended up walking into. When having children you learn silence is not golden, it's scary, unless you know for a fact they are asleep.

These are my children, shaving their faces. Yes, you read that right, shaving. their. faces.

Freddie - Age 6

Abi - Age 6

Livie - Age 6

The best part about this is, I promised them I wouldn't post the pictures on Facebook, but I said nothing about blogging. :)

Mommy - 3
Children - 0

As a side note - at dinner the kids mentioned to Scotty P how much softer their faces were and how much smoother their legs were since they shaved. Just smile and nod Daddy, just smile and nod...

Livie shaving her oh-so-hairy legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment