**Disclaimer: there is and will be cussing. If you don't like it, leave.**
If I'm gonna humor you, you're gonna have to know a little bit about me. After that you can be humored by my little people and my smarter half, but at least suffer through one post about me. Deal? Deal.
About this time last year I was a single mom of a little boy and working full-time and then some, dating an amazing man who has two girls. It was a new relationship but we knew it was going to go places. We were best friends, and finally decided to let life happen. Little did I know a year later we would be in a house with lots of room and a huge backyard with a trampoline so they can get out all their energy (THANK GOD) and I would be a stay at home mom (well I work from home while they are in school a couple of hours a day) and I now have three kids and not just the one.
And let's just state for the record here, girls are WAY different then boys. HOLY. CRAP. Scotty P has two girls, 8 year old Livie and 6 year old Abi and I have Freddie who is 6 years old. Let's talk about having our hands full. And when someone is lying someone else is always around to rat them out - unless they are in cahoots with each other on something. We honestly can't complain. The kids love each other. They have each other's backs and they care for each other. They play nicely and they keep each other in line.
After about 6 months of living together the kids have only had one true fight, and they were all kind of grumpy and all a bit whiny and it resulted in us separating them and putting them in their own rooms until they could play together. We get it, they are going to have these moments. And if out of 6 months, they have only had one of these moments, we will take it!
But the best part of them? Is the comments and the honesty that comes out of their mouths....
Scotty P and I are both divorced and the kids come back with things from our former spouses and just blurt things out. As parents we know to never bad mouth the other parent in front of them and to always talk with them if they have issues with the other parent, or to never laugh, but sometimes, it's just SO. DAMN. HARD... These kids are close and the things they bounce off each other and they learn from us make me proud, and other times... make me worry... oh crap, they are turning out just like Scotty P... #itaintthatbad. ;)
So now that I've babbled for a bit, you're probably rolling your eyes thinking, another stay at home mom blog blah blah blah blah and to that I say, fuck you, the red exit button is to the upper right hand corner. Unless you're on a Mac, then you're ass backwards and I can't help you. But if that's your attitude, I don't want you here anyways.
This is my life. And my journey to finding me. Learning how to be a stay at home mom. I may only be in my early 30's but I've worked every day for the last 10 years, I've gone through my own hell with a bankruptcy and a divorce (which has had more ups than downs), I've learned to survive as a single mom and dealt with tumors. In the last two years I have gone through 4 different types of biopsies for cancer screening, lost both my grandfathers within a 9 month period, found true love, and have an amazing support structure... and at the end of the day I came out stronger for it. Don't judge me if you don't know me and you don't know the beaten path I've traveled on.
SO here I am. I am going to learn how to enjoy life in the slow lane. Fuck the fast lane. It's not all that it's cracked up to be. Trust me.
This is my journey, not anyone else's. Either enjoy the ride with me or don't, but all I know is, it's going to be a learning process no matter what and ready or not here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment