Dear marketing team at Gieco,
You have succeeded in this household. Not with me, not with Scotty P, but with my three children.
Every Wednesday we work on spelling with the younger two. On this particular Wednesday COW was our first spelling word.
Let me set the scene for you...
I'm in the kitchen cooking, spelling list in hand waiting for the younger two to get their paper and pencils and find a spot to sit.
Livie is in the dining room working on her math homework.
Abi settles down at Scotty P's desk.
Freddie settles down at my desk.
Everyone is ready...
Me: Okay - the first word is COW.
In unison - ALL THREE CHILDREN: C-O-W E-I-E-I-O. Dag Nabbit. (or Rabbit if you are Freddie)
*giggling uncontrollably*
Me: Okay you three, you know in the spelling test you can not throw in that last part, RIGHT?
Three little people: Yes Mommy... *still giggling*
It was like I had been set up for that one and I walked straight into it.
So thank you, Gieco.
I'm sure the teachers world wide thank you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment