Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mommy, how much does it cost to make you?

Freddie is putting together the concept of money and addition. If you have this many pennies then you have a nickel. Two nickels is equal to a dime and so on and so forth. 

He also seems to think if you pull out two four hundred dollars (because in his mind this exists) you can take in the Kia and come out with a Toyota.

So take it for what it's worth.

With his love for addition, money, and my age we came across one of the most random conversations known to man. And we have some pretty random conversations.

Freddie: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
Freddie: Do you know my Daddy is old and you're young.
Me: Yes. (This statement always makes me happy.)

*a moment of silence*

Freddie: Mommy?
Me: Yes, buddy.
Freddie: How much does it cost to make you?
Me: Uh. Come again?
Freddie. How much does it cost to make you?

*sitting quietly*

Now this can go one of two ways....

  1. I can be completely sarcastic and talk to him about the price of condoms back in 1982, but that would involve a whole other conversation and also the repercussion of the ex demanding to know why our 6 year old knows about the birds and the bees. 
  2. I can ask what the hell he is talking about. 
I'm choosing the safe route.

Me: What do you mean?
Freddie: How many nickles or dimes would I need to make 31?
Me: *whew*
Freddie: We can make you 14 today if you want.
Me: How about we keep me 21 or older so I can drink, I don't want to lose those privileges. 
Freddie: Okay, between 21 and 30. Done.

And this, my friends, is why I love my son. And anyone who knows me, knows he's just like me. 




I wouldn't trade his heart, soul, or humor for the world (esp since he's my mini me). We have such good laughs and he's such a trooper. Thank you Freddie. Any by the way, Mommy is worth a lot more then three dimes and a penny. JUST SAYING.

No comments:

Post a Comment